Monday, February 10, 2014

Hancock Shaker Village Photo Safari

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


The pictures in this post were taken several years ago, during a trip back East. I recently found them again, buried in the computer image files. Strangely, they were already edited and organized for posting to the blog, but apparently I never got around to it. At least, I dont think so...

Shaker furniture gets a lot of attention, and rightfully so, but the environment where the furniture was created is also important. With that in mind, heres a series of photographs I took during a visit to Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I was trying to capture the peace, beauty and sense of simple perfection that, to me, so typifies Shaker work.

See if you can spot the not so secret theme that runs through these images...









































Did you spot the theme? Thats right! Theres a pig in every picture!

Seriously, I love multi-light windows and the look and feel of natural lighting. In this regard, and others too, Hancock is a paradise.

Oh, and Ive got to get one of those hand-cranked thickness planers! But no thanks to the scary table saw...



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment