Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pretty tools and boxes

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
I have two long time female friends that I makes gifts for on Christmas and their birthdays. In the past they have gotten picture frames, a puzzle box, a sliding DVD holder, a set of chess pieces, and a coffee barrel. This year I have gone simple for Christmas and they will receive lathe turned pens.

But Im planning for their birthdays...one in February and the other in March. While in a hardware store I came across some tools that were not only functional, but made pretty for girls. I bought two different patterns of 4 tools each. But that isnt MAKING anything. So I need to customize. I intend to make two rectangular boxes to hold the tools and I want to form fit the interior of the cases with appropriately colored felt. Then, I will have 2 little brass plates mades to identify their ownership.

Since they are both getting the same thing I thought it may be good to delay the gifts until the second birthday in March. We can all get together for dinner and I can give the boxes at the same time. Then they can decide which they like best and trade. Finally I can attach the name plates when they decide which is theirs.

Here is a picture of the tools. The boxes will be made of sycamore with cherry splines and the interiors will be blue for one set and purple for the other.


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment