Sunday, February 23, 2014

Vintage Pieces in varying colors!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
I scored about 4 vintage dressers from the 60s. 
All solid wood and in pretty good shape. I tried some different colors
this time and this is what I ended up with~ (Pardon my garage staging!! I am out of room!!!)
This guy is made from solid Elm! Have never seen elm before. So I sanded off the old stain and 
found this gorgeous solid wood top! I think I put a light shade of walnut on it and used tung oil 
to finish it off.  Did a custom mix of my own chalk paint in different shades of blues.....Something different! 
                        Found some mother of pearl knobs from HL and used those on the left drawers.


Next one is a MCM dresser. Same thing. Sanded off the ick, redid the walnut fronts and top. 
 This one I used an oil base glossy white paint. About 4 coats! Its hard as nails when it dries!! Gave it some racing stripes for something different.  


Ok...and #3 is a different looking vintage dresser in Coral!! 

I had this oops paint for over a year and made some chalk paint with it. 
 Mod podged some frabic on the inner drawer fronts
 I used a darker shade of coral on the inner door both for contrast and because I used 
every last drop of the other shade on the body!! 

Shhh....still have to wax the sides! I soooooo hate waxing...... 

ok....So there you have my vintage three!!! A little something for every taste!!!


Restore Interiors - Restored it Wednesday
Kammys Korner - Trash to Treasure Tuesdays
Domestically Speaking - The Power of Paint Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
Miss Mustardseed - Furniture Feature Friday
Redoux - Friday Link Up Party
Homespun Happenings - Rustic Restorations Weekend
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Night Special
1929 Charmer - Sundays Best Party
Knick of Time Interiors - Knick of Time Tuesday
Elizabeth and Co., My uncommon Slice of Suburbia,
Savvy Southern Style. Weds, Beyond the Picket Fence, PJH Designs
From my Front Porch to Yours,  
Between Naps on the Porch
                                                   The Dedicated House, Redoux


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment